Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, October 12, 2012

Guest Designer for Challenge 73 - Easel Card


Hello and Happy Friday!

Today the Fussy and Fancy girls
are very happy to announce our
very talented guest designer


Here is a little bit about Karen:

I became interested in paper arts at the age of 11
and thus started my decoupage journey where
anything that didn’t move would be decoupaged.
I started making cards on the computer about
twelve years ago and did that for several years,
drifting into making cards 'by hand' seven years ago.

My love affair with stamps began in earnest in the past
six years when my best friend moved out of state.  I really
missed her and felt a connection to her by making hand
made cards which were sent to her.  So from that point
 things just snowballed and I'm now totally hooked.

I'm always looking for new techniques and love to make
my own backgrounds.  I really enjoy the creative outlet
of making little works of art and every day is an
adventure in the stamping world.  

And here is the lovely card 
that Karen has made for our



What a beautiful vintage easel
card.  The design paper you have
chosen makes the perfect background
for this lovely lady!  The gorgeous
green bow sits perfectly on her hat
and the pink rose makes a great
embellishment complimenting the
rose that she's holding in her hand.
The effect is simply lovely!

We hope that you can visit
Karen's Blog 


to read more about her lovely card and 
see more of her wonderful work

It's been a real pleasure Karen - thank you!



xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx


4 comments:

Sazzle said...

Thanks for bringing us such a gorgeous card Karen for your guest designer spot and what a lovely way to keep in touch with a good friend that has moved away too :-)


xx Sazzle xx

Karen McAlpine said...

Thank you! I really enjoyed making this easel card. The folds are easy and the finished card has lots of impact. Thanks for inviting me to guest design!!
Karen

suzanne2 said...

wow this card is just stunning! what a fabulous image and such a beautiful sentiment. Karen your blog is lovely with such pretty cards, you certainly have mastered the art of inking!

Words and Pictures said...

Hurray! Hello Karen - great work on the easel card... gorgeous vintage stamping, and such elegant colours!
Alison x